Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Life Change Stories

Meet some of the individuals who have been personally impacted by the ministry of Reason to Hope, Inc.


Casa de Esperanza

Resident Stories
(Click on the name to read their story)



Fidel

















Roberto
Moises











Staff Stories
(Click on the name to read their story)


Mario
Cesar, Gema & Baby Cesar














New Life School Partnership

In 2013 I wrote:  "I teach in a language foreign to me, in which I make many grammatical mistakes.  Spanish is actually a second language to many of my students who speak only the Mayan language of Kaqchikel at home.  I work mostly with home-made materials and supplies, and my methods are seen as strange, if not downright ridiculous to some of the teachers with whom I work." 

I am so happy to say that now, as we look to begin the 2018 school year, I still make many mistakes in speaking Spanish, and have not been able to learn even a little Kaqchikel.  Most of my materials are home-made or recycled, but I am happy to say that the teachers now learning how I teach. They have seen the results with some of our most difficult children, and want these same results in their classrooms.  This alone will change the lives of many children in Santa Maria.  Here are a few of them.


Josef
    

Griselda

















Family Support and Scholarships
  • Miledy
  • Carlitos

No comments:

Post a Comment