Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

21 Days of Prayer~~Day 3: Obras Sociales del Hermano Pedro


This morning I ask you to join me in thanking God for the role that Hermano Pedro Orphanage/Hospital has played in forming our ministry here in Guatemala.  I originally came to Antigua, Guatemala thinking I would work part-time with the 125 children who reside at the institution.  Little did I know that God had much greater plans ahead.  It was here at Hermano Pedro I first met Fidel and Moises, and later Osmi.

Hermano Pedro does an excellent job in providing custodial care for those with the most severe handicaps, and I praise God that there is such a place to care for these folks. God used these encounters, however,  to show there was a gap in serving those whose bodies limited them, but their minds did not.  Many of the staff encouraged us to start a new kind of residence for these people, and the idea for Casa de Esperanza was born.


My prayer of thanksgiving

Father, I thank you first for the ministry Obras Sociales del Hermano Pedro is doing in Guatemala.  They are caring for those that no one else can or wants to care for, and I praise you for that.  i thank you for using their ministry to show me the need for more living options for those with disabilities, and for bringing me Fidel, Osmi and Moises through them.  I praise and thank you for the friendships you have given me both with staff and with residents of the institution.  Finally, I thank you for the connections I have made because of this ministry.  Continue to bless their ministry even as you bless ours.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Do you want to receive our daily prayer points in your inbox?


No comments:

Post a Comment