Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

21 Days of Prayer~~Day 4: New Life School and Staff


I am so grateful for the partnership our ministry has with New Life School in Santa Maria de Jesus, and for my friendship with Judy Kerschner, its founder.


Much of what I know about running a ministry here I have learned by watching how Judy and Marisol, the principal, run the school and their ministry.  I have avoided many mistakes through their example--though I've managed to make enough of my own.


The teachers at the school are some of the best that I have found in Guatemala,and I so appreciate their friendship and openness to learn new techniques to better teach the students.  The students in the school are very precious to me, and I could write volumes about each of them.  We say New Life is the school of "last resort" for our students.  Without the school, most of them would never receive an education.



Please join me in thanking our Father for our partnership with New Life, its staff and its students.

My prayer of thanksgiving

Father God, I'm not sure I have words to thank you enough for making New Life School, its staff and its students part of my life and ministry.  Santa Maria de Jesus was the first village you brought me to, years before I even thought of moving here.  The house of Mirna, one of New Life's students at the time, was the first home I ever visited.  From this moment on, I knew Santa Maria would always have a special place in my heart.  I never dreamed it would also become part of my daily life an ministry.

Thank you, Father, for giving Judy the vision to start a school for those children no one else wanted and the perseverance to keep it going for 18 years.  Thank you for the hundreds of times you have miraculously "showed up" to grow and develop the school.  Thank you for teachers who love you, love the children and love learning.  Thank you for these friendships which challenge me daily to grow as a person, a professional and a believer.

Most of all, thank you for the precious children and young adults you have brought into my life though the school. The complexity and breath of their needs has stretched me beyond what I would have thought possible.  They have taught me that when I reach the end of my abilities, I can count on you to step in and fill what I am lacking.  For New Life School and the New Life it brings to all who come in contact with it, I give you thanks. Thank you in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Do you want to receive our daily prayer points in your inbox?

No comments:

Post a Comment