Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Why Support Reason to Hope

WE DO WHAT NO ONE ELSE DOES

With all the “worthy causes” competing for donations, especially at this time of year, it’s hard to know how to direct your giving where it will be used effectively and efficiently. 

I understand.  I, too, receive requests for donations almost daily.  The difference is, mine usually come from a person standing right in front of me, often with hopelessness in their hearts that is reflected in their eyes.  They come with a variety of needs which they believe they are unable to meet on their own.  Often they are my friends and neighbors.  These are the hardest to turn away.  I try to connect these folks with other ministries which are designed to serve them, but often all I can say is, “No.”  It hurts and I walk away sad because I can’t help everyone.


I know with certainty, however, that God has called me to care for a group of people that is often forgotten and frequently neglected or rejected.  Those with physical, emotional or cognitive limitations.  As an American, it is often difficult to understand the challenges and even abuse those who are different face in Guatemala.  The government provides no assistance to them or their families.  The churches don’t know how to respond to them.  Their neighbors wish they would live somewhere else.

 I could share story after story about my friends with disabilities that would break your heart and hopefully anger you.  The disturbing thing is that, for these friends of mine, this is their daily life living in a country where they truly are the “least of these.”  They are an unreached and unwanted people group in every sense of the word.  God has charged our ministry to reach them, value them, then go a step further and care for them.  To do this we need your help.

It's as simple as that.  

If you give to Reason to Hope, this chart shows how we are using your donations.


Will you join us in furthering the Kingdom of God by serving the least of these?





No comments:

Post a Comment