Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

21 Days of Prayer~~Day 5: Fidel Heranadez

Today I want to thank our God (Diosito as Fidel affectionately calls him) for a very special man in my life.  Fidel has been my friend for over ten years now, and while our friendship has not always been easy, it has been fruitful.  Fidel has taught me more about the struggles of living with a physical disability than any book or class ever could have.  In the time I have known him, he has changed, by the grace of God, from an angry, depressed young man who was difficult to love at times, to a caring person who it is a delight to do life with. His anger and depression were the seeds which planted Casa de Esperanza in our hearts. I love how I continue to see God drawing Fidel to Himself through the events of daily life.  My desire is that Fidel will come to more fully realize the great love our Father has for him, and respond in faith.


My prayer of thanksgiving

Diosito, today I thank you for Fidel and the work you are doing in his heart and in his life to bring him closer to you.  I thank you for the drive, energy and determination which are part of his character.  I thank you for the leadership role he is increasingly assuming with the guys in the house, and his growing desire to be of service to others.  What a joy it is to watch him as he dreams of the future.

I thank you for Fidel's friendship.  He is so much more than an resident in the home to me; he is one of my closest friends and part of my family.  I have grown to trust you more as I have had to surrender him and his future to your plan and purpose for him, and have watched as you draw him to Yourself.  His friendship and desire for a better life were the tools you used to plant Casa de Esperanza and for this I am grateful. Finally, I thank you for all you will do in Fidel's future, and am excited to be a small part of this.  In the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.

Do you want to receive our daily prayer points in your inbox?


No comments:

Post a Comment